Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Welcome to the KKB!

Hello and welcome to the Keepers Kit Bag, my blog for all things goalkeeping. Specifically, I will be posting product reviews, information, and news for equipment specific to the position of goalkeeping. You can also expect news and stories regarding goalkeepers around the world, and a few of my own personal observations from time to time.

My product reviews are for you, my fellow keepers (or your coaches, parents, or anyone else involved in the buying process of your equipment). They are honest and unbiased, because I know what it's like to spend my hard-earned dollars on my own gear that has not lived up to expectations. The reviews will include before and after pictures, how long a product was used, and a detailed breakdown of how the product performed. Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome!

Ah, but who am I? My name is Tom Kristensen, and I have been a goalkeeper since I was 11. I have been playing for 39 years now, so I've had the chance to use a LOT of different goalkeeping gear over the decades. Here is a picture of what my first pair of keeper gloves looked like back in 1978:

(picture credit: eBay seller dms62)

That's right, a pair of fabric gloves with a mesh of rubber (?) on the palms! They got soggy and heavy in a heartbeat, and felt like they were constantly slipping off. But they provided a sense of security, if not a wee bit of extra grip. Of course, once the rubber started to peel off, they were  just plain gloves.

I have no professional experience as a goalkeeper, unless you count my one college trial and one semi-pro trial as such. More on that another time, perhaps. I currently play indoor soccer on three men's teams and one coed team, and substitute here and there as needed.

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope what you find on these pages will be useful to you.

Happy goalkeeping!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment